We were hoping to give you pug meetup photos today, but the roads were too icy to drive accross the city, so we proudly presents bath day instead.
Here is how bath day works at our house
1. Take Sasha out for a pee - it takes a few hours for her to completely dry, and it's too cold to go out wet.
2. Run about 3 inches of warm water and lay out all the supplies.
3. Go downstairs and say, "Bath Time!"
4. Wait for Sasha to finish her happy run and take her into the bathroom.
5. Put her in the tub where she happily sits and relaxes
6. Pour water down her back (not on her head) until she's good and wet
7. Get a squirt of doggy shampoo and massage it in
8. Continue massaging shampoo in with Zoom Groom (helps get all the dead hair off to cut down on future shedding)
9. Wet a washcloth and put doggy toothpaste on it
10. Rub it over her teeth while saying things like "My, you will have such lovely fresh breath." and "You will have teeth as white as snow." in an encouraging voice. (She does NOT like having her teeth brushed, but will tolerate it for vanities sake if I compliment her the whole time)
11. Dump some ear cleaning solution in each ear and massage the base of the ear
12. Wet another washcloth and wash face, including nose roll
13. Drain tub and rinse Sasha with clean water from Tap
14. Brush with Zoom Groom
15. Rinse again
16. Rinse out tub
17. Fill tub half full with warm water and baking soda
18. Talk to Sasha for 10-15 minutes while she soaks in water (this seems to help with her itchies) *disclaimer* I'm not a vet - I suggest you speak with your own about this. *end disclaimer*
19. Drain tub
20. Rub down Sasha with first towel while she attacks it
21. Once first towel is too wet to be effective, repeat with second towel
22. Use cotton pads to dry out ears
23. Use corner of towel to dry out nose roll
24. Wipe out ears with ear wipes (keeps them smelling extra fresh)
25. Put a dab of polysporin in nose roll (I've heard of some people using vaseline for this - I find the polysporin helps prvent the roll guckies better. *disclaimer* I'm not a vet - I suggest you speak with your own about this. *end disclaimer*)
26. Blow dry Sasha on low setting for as long as she'll stand it, while saying things like, "What a pretty girl! You shine like Black Beauty" and "Is that Sasha? I hardly recognized you without all that dead hair and dirt on you" in an encouraging voice. See #10.
27. Try to contain pugtona in rooms with carpet so she doesn't kill herself on the laminate floor before she's completely dry
28. Clean entire bathroom of approximately 10 lbs of dog hair.
29. Wonder how she isn't bald at the rate she sheds.
30. Admire Clean Dog